In June of 2023, CELFE’s executive director, Theresa Hawley presented with a group of researchers and state administrators at the annual meeting of the Child Care and Early Education Policy Research Consortium to researchers, policymakers, and practitioners to discuss how appropriate design and delivery systems of public investments can support equitable access to high-quality early education.
Presenters from California, Illinois, Washington D.C., and Massachusetts shared how their states addressed quality using COVID-19 relief and Preschool Development Grant Birth through Five resources. The session also showcased what accountability measures were put in place to ensure efficiency and equity.
- Theresa Hawley, Center for Early Learning Funding Equity
- Kathryn Kigera, Office of the State Superintendent of Education, Washington, D.C.
- Amy Checkoway, Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Gina Adams, Urban Institute
- Caroline Danielson, Public Policy Institute of California